The modular non-contact Microarrayer
The Nano-PlotterTM NP2.1 is available in two sizes:
NP2.1 with a slide capacity of 55; NP2.1/E with a slide capacity of 120.
All Nano-Plotter versions come with the following common features:
- 1 to 16 independent piezoelectric pipetting tips in any combination. Post sales upgrade is possible.
- Sample aspiration from 96 well or 384 well micro plates
- Array density > 3000/cm2
- Dust cover
- Automatic wash/dry station
- Optical function test of each individual pipette tips after sample aspiration
Easy and superb arraying onto slides (For HD introduction video click here)
NP2.1 can be configured to a particular application. And… it can grow! It is easy to increase the number of pipetting channels after sales. Also, most accessories can be upgraded. Thus, this instrument might be your companion from research to production.
Non-contact Micro Dispensers work on any Substrate Surface
The Nano-PlotterTM piezoelectric pipetting tips for the Picolitre range consist of glass and silicon- they are valveless and fabricated from microstructured glass/silicon wafers. Alternatively the instrument is available with solenoid valve dispensers for the Nanolitre range.
The tips interface with the instrument’s fluidic system through metal shafts. Each pipet connects to a dedicated syringe that supplies both sample and washing fluids. All N2.x instruments can be equipped with 1-16 tips in any combination.
Piezoelectric Tips for the Picolitre range
- Nano-Tip J: 0.35…0.4 Nanoliter
- Nano-Tip A-J: 0.25 Nanoliter
- Pico-Tip J: 0.06 Nanoliter
- Nano-Tip J-H: 0.35…0.4 Nanoliter (External heater unit required)
- Pico-Tip J-H: 0.06 Nanoliter (External heater unit required)
Tips with special design:
- Nano-Tip HV-J: For high-viscous samples
- Nano-Tip AR-J: Slim design,for array printing into 96-well plates
Fast solenoid valve on the Nano-Plotter
Solenoid Valve Pipetting Tips (Option):
- 40…350 Nanolitre drop volume
- Affordable glass nozzle for low operational costs
- Upgrades available for all Nano-Plotter types
Liquid Management for Piezoelectric Tips
Automatic Function Test for each Piezo Tip
A camera system with sophisticated image analysis inspects each piezoelectric pipettor after sample aspiration. The analysis is for:
- Deflection of the main droplet from the vertical
- Droplet size, count and speed
- Deviation of satellite drops from the main jet
The checking function returns a result (Path/Fail) for each pipette. So if a tip fails to spot according to specification, the Nano-Plotter can either repeat sample aspiration, or continue printing with only the working pipettes and repair the missing spots afterwards.
|Stroboscope camera||Valid droplet image. The jet angle is inside a user defined region, the number of satellite droplets is small enough.||Invalid droplet image. The flight angle of one satellite droplet differs too much from the angle of the main jet.|
A more accurate drop volume estimation is available with the optional micro flow sensor.