At a Glance
The BioScaffolder (BS) printer family comprises BS3.2 with focus on research and BS4.2 offering production capabilities. Main applications are:
|- 3D Printing of very different (Bio-)polymers|
- Creation of porous structures for tissue engineering
- Co-printing of hard (E.g. PCL/PLA) and soft (E.g. Alginate) biopolymers (Sequential printing, co-axial extrusion, Nanolitre pipetting)
|- Functionalization of metal implants with soft polymer layers
- Printing of micro structures from biopolymers by melt electro spinning/writing
Printing from cartrigde enables the use of home made polymer blends. BS printers are not limited to commercially available filaments as known from the many FDM printers. Further very different printing methods for different materials can be combined on a single instrument.
Each BS printer comes with three pneumatic extruders but adapts to a wide range of materials by numerous add-on modules. Both printing tools and software are almost identical for most BS printers.
BS4.2 offers approx. double space for print targets than BS3.2.
- Three pneumatic extruders (Optionally heated) for dispensing of high-viscous/ pasty materials. Individual print parameters for each axes
- Automatic alignment for tools and building platform
- Nozzle cleaner
OPTIONS (Next Tab): GeSiM enhances the range of add-on modules for combination with the basic pneumatic extruders. At a glance:
- Heatable (190°C), coolable cartridge holders
- Pipetting unit (Low-viscous liquid handling with pipet tips, solenoid dispense valve or piezoelectric Nanoliter dispenser)
- Twin-Tip pipetting unit for mixing up tiny droplets (Low-viscous liquids)
- Piezoelectric dispense valves for high-viscous materials (Third party)
- Pneumatic Core/Shell extruders for doing hollow fibres
- Melt Electrospinning, -writing (MES)
- High-Power Syringe Extruders for melts up to 250°C
- Exposition Lamps for Curing and UV-Hardening
- FDM extruder printing commercial filaments
- Trays for target objects, e.g. cell culture plates
- Heatable (150°C), coolable (4°C, with external chiller bath) object trays
- Software for Import of STL data
BS printers adapt to your application as well as to your budget! Don’t miss the documents on the right side of this article.